Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Template updates

I have made a few minor changes on the side bar. I have some grander plans in mind but this is a start. I finally updated the currently reading and changed a few names. If I deleted you from my sidebar and this offends you, let me know and I'll put you back.

World Tour - the Americas tour
I am heading to Washington DC and up to Canada in July. A short trip to visit a friend in DC on my way to a wedding in Canada. A weekend trip for the wedding alone seemed a bit extravagant. 

More than beef
The protests have been somewhat calmer since the main outburst on the weekend 31 May - 1 June. However, the situation remains tense with more and more people heading out on the street. The focus on beef has diminished (though not on the blogs it seems) and has expanded into criticism of other issues such as privatisation and the hare-brained canal scheme. Plus, of course the fears that the crackdown means a return to the bad old days of authoritarian rule. The June 10 anniversary has now passed but the numbers on the street are still high. Even after the anniversary this situation seems to not be over yet.  

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui