Saturday, January 26, 2008

Australia Day

Today is Australia Day. I understand that most Australians celebrate this having a BBQ (if they are in country). Australians the world over will usually tune into JJJ. I did but fell asleep before the countdown reached number one. In fact I didn't even make it to 50. The day itself involved making a disaster chocolate mousse (inedible). This was a bit strange as I have used the recipe with successful results before. We had champagne and pizza for dinner which was not quite 'traditional' but very enjoyable. We watched Dracula: Ascension followed by Dracula: Legacy (still on at time of writing). I didn't understand the rope netting used in the Ascension movie and particularly disliked the use of silver as a weapon against vampires. Jason London's orange t-shirt in Ascension was a lovely colour.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui