Saturday, October 07, 2006

Where on Earth has Kathreb Been?

Its been a while since I blogged. I almost feel guilty but it has been an exceptionally busy time. The first distraction was an abandoned kitten which we picked up about six weeks ago. We discovered that she was blind and had a slight neurological twitch. It would appear that once the owner discovered this, they abandoned her. This caused much stress in our little share house in London. My sister and I adamantly refused to deliver the kitten to a shelter unless we could get a guarantee that she would not be put down. There was much debate in the house on how to handle the situation and things got a little strained. Fortunately everything was resolved when we finally found a shelter that could give us the guarantee we needed.

The other main distraction has been a month-long visit from my parents. Their visit included a trip to Scotland and then a tour to various villages around the UK visiting relatives. It also meant long days being a tourist around London and then home and having to cook for four people.

Next was the career front. I started a new job at the end of September. However, it is only a short-term contract so I am still having to keep looking for work for when the contract finishes. There is no hope of extension. Job interviews are getting much more stressful. The job I got involved a forty-minute interview and a one hour test. Another interview I had included a presentation, interview and one and a half hour test. The preparation for these interviews took up much of the time that would otherwise have been spent blogging.

Most of this is now behind me so I am hoping that my schedule will settle down a little and I can return to regular blogging. There have been a lot of things going on the IKK that I would've liked to have added my two cents but didn't have time. But with the North Koreans about to test a nuclear weapon and Ban Ki Moon set to become the new UNSG there seems to be plenty of interesting stuff coming up worth blogging about.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui