Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Day One

Not much to report on day one. I forgot to take my camera and couldn't participate in the lunch hour campaigning as I had class. I did manage to stop by White Plaza to check out the display more closely. It was pleasing to see others also reading the stuff and looking about.

I also picked up a copy of the Stanford Daily which has an opinion piece about the HR week.

I picked up a gift for Amb James Lilley and went to the talk. The best thing was seeing so many people from my course attending...I guess my bugging them paid off.

The talk was pretty good, but focused more on the nuclear issue rather than HR. The manifold problems of trying to bring any human rights issues onto the agenda was the main crux of the talk.

I'd explain more but am absolutely buggered - its been a 16 hour day.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui