Friday, September 19, 2003

I arrived! Haven't had time to do the usual news search and may not have time for a few more days yet. So I have no (un)informative comment to make about Korea. In the meantime,

initial things I've noticed:
1. Grass and trees here seem to grow out of the earth as if it is natural for them to do so
2. The sky is blue and clouds are white
3. The sun generates heat
4. There are stars in the sky at night and moon actually 'shines'
5. Convenience stores are not as conveniently located as in Korea
6. Americans have loud voices and nice cars
7. There are no (full length) mirrors in the buildings or cafes

I haven't left campus yet so that is all I can comment on. Its wierd being an international student but looking like everyone else.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui