Saturday, May 03, 2003

It would seem the answer to "now what?" was to firstly drink and feel very sorry for myself. Having done that, the next step is to pick myself up and start preparing to go to Stanford. *Any monetary or supportive comments welcome*. In the end it came down to asking myself what I would do and how I would feel if I abandoned the Stanford dream. The answer came out something like..."I would turn into a dumb, good for nothing, no-future, low-self-esteemed alcoholic and would feel alternatively miserable, bitter and angry. The point being, there is no plan b or second choice, or alternative way. I WILL go to Stanford...I MUST.

Last Sunday I participated in the Korea-Philippines tourism marathon. I did the 10km and was pretty happy with my time of 1 hour and some seconds. The run around the World Cup Park there is really very nice and its a great way to enjoy the spring weather over here. However, the lacklustre efforts of my friends (three out of five didn't show up) was disappointing.

In the meantime, this weekend the Lotus Lantern Festival going down on Sunday around the downtown Jong-ro area. I hear great stories about this event every year and never make it but this year, I finally organised myself to go and check it out. And Monday is Children's Day, a holiday over here for which I have not made any set plans but if the weather remains this nice rollerblading and a picnic may be the order of the day.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui