Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Well some of the much anticipated changes are starting to occur here in the ministry. I'd elaborate on them but since I don't wear my glasses around the office I can't read the new signs up on some of the doors which would tell me the new names of various offices. hOWEVER, I presume the newly named offices are doing similar stuff to that which they were doing under the old names. The Ministry of Gender Equality is scheduled to move out of our building in May and will relocate in the Central Government Offices downtown. The MPB is expected to expand into some of the offices left vacant in this building. The reason I'm not really paying much attention is that In the x number of years I've been here the number of changes has left me a little skeptical about the real impact any of these changes will make. This is our fourth minister in less than three years, and my fifth direct boss in the same time. In fact of the original staff in my office, I am the only one left by a long time. The other lont time member of my office, the secretary left about six months ago for a different office.

I was surfing idly yesterday through some other Korean blog sites and was most amused to find Kim Jong Il's blog. Witty, very witty.

But on a more serious note, I was reading today about the role economic sanctions could play in dealing with NK. After reading the article and from the perceived failure and suffering of sanctions on Iraq I'm inclined to think that economic sanctions are only an option to achieve those easier objectives of compliance from nations. And not a good idea for North Korea.

And just to further go with the disjointed and no-one-point theme of this blog I would just like to comment that after finding a search engine for blogs I was a touch disappointed to note that when typing the word "Korea", my blog did not rate one single bloody mention in the whole massive list. I have justified this to myself by conceding that using NK and SK to denote the two Koreas is limiting the visibilty of my blog as a KOREA site. So from now on I"m going to write KOREA alot more often.

KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA KOREA

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui