Saturday, November 02, 2002



This picture has absolutely no relevance to Korea, my life in Korea or my ambition to know more about Korea, but I thought I'd put it here anyway as I think its cool.

However in keeping with the main theme of the blog page, let me comment about Korea. Not the nuke issue as I believe it is being analysed to death in all major and sundry papers and websites. But instead I'd like to revisit briefly the corruption scandal sorrounding incumbent President DJ Kim. His son has been sentenced for bribery.Further emphasising the lame duckness (is that a word?) of the ruling party. Unfortunately, I see that this kind of scandal has already sealed the defeat of candidate Roh.

But on a lighter note, here are some stories of lee well-known candidates. The one who wants to beat up other politicians reminded me of Assassination Politics, a must-read for everyone, but on a much less scary note.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui