Friday, October 25, 2002

Today was the Award Ceremony for the 6th Seoul Metropolitan Government Essay Contest. Decked out in my new (and very spiffy) outfit I made my way to City Hall. Unlike last year when we were unceremoniously herded in 'Annex Building no.5' behind Doksugung Palace, this year we were in City Hall itself. Much more appropriate.

The Mayor, Lee Myung-bak came in and shook the hands of all the winners, including me. And then the ceremony began. It was an aptly short affair and the Mayo presented our certificates and then we turned and bowed to the audience. Of course after th ceremony there was a frenzy of Koreans taking photos with the Mayor and with each other.

Congrats to everyone and thanks to everyone who came and congratulated me.

Currently reading:

"Hell" by Yasutaka Tsutsui